When COVID-19 hit, many event organizers tried to build an in-house version of Netflix, ticketing and streaming events directly from their website.
But as event organizers began selling tickets and livestreaming productions via embedded video players such as Youtube and Vimeo, they quickly discovered some significant problems that affected the customer experience and hurt business:
- Payment processing errors and glitches. Third-party providers were slow to fix issues.
- Website crashes. The visitor traffic for both buying tickets and viewing the streams was overbearing.
- Technical support issues. By using an embedded tool, the majority of technical support questions fell on overworked box office employees with no training on the technology.
- Stream piracy. Savvy customers could easily find the embedded stream URL source and send it to friends, family, and post online for the world to discover... for free.
- Lack of interactive tools such as live chat. Customers were left unfulfilled in their live event experience.
Stellar was built as an online event platform in part to address all these common issues. Your customers will view the Stellar ticket and streaming experience as an online venue -- a live event destination.
Of course, you want to maintain your brand identity. That's why Stellar has white label features to give you the best of both worlds:
- Create a ticketing "home page" with your brand colors and logo
- Customize all URLs to list your organization first. Ex: https://yourorganization.stellartickets.com
- Publish event listing pages with your brand colors and logo
- Configure livestream reaction emojis that fit your brand
Check out what Club Cumming did to brand their online event experience with Stellar.
Want the latest news on Online Events?
Get “The Upload” newsletter sent to your email every Thursday.