A video production tool is required for streaming to Stellar. We suggest using a free tool called Open Broadcast Software (OBS - www.obsproject.org), however, there are quite a few encoder software tools that offer readily built, user friendly features some event producers may find easier to work with, including: StreamLabs, Vmix, Boxcast, Restream.io and StreamYard.
In this article, we’ll cover how to use Stellar with Streamyard.
StreamYard is a live video production tool that works in your internet browser, no need to download software. You also technically can only use a computer, a mic, and a camera.
Follow these steps to connect your StreamYard stream to Stellar for broadcast:
Starting in Stellar
- Once logged into stellartickets.com, create a performance (show date) for your event with ticket inventory and at least one price point
- Go to the Stream Studio and choose your performance. Choose the region you will be broadcasting from and wait for your stream channel to be created (about 15 minutes)
- After the channel is built in Stellar, a RMPT Server and a Stream Key will populate. Head over to StreamYard.com
- “Create a Broadcast”
- For “Broadcast To” Select “RTMP Server”
- Obtain the “RTMP server URL” and “Stream Key” from your channel in Stellar’s stream studio
- Add a Nickname for your broadcast in StreamYard
- Check your camera and mic
- Add a Display Name that will show during your broadcast
- Once in the broadcast on SteamYard, you can utilize all their features. Head back to stellartickets.com
- Toggle on “Start Channel
- Toggle “Preview” to see a live preview of your StreamYard stream
- When you’re ready to stream on Stellar, click “Start Stream” in the top-right
- Your stream is now live on Stellar
- When your stream is over, click the button “End Stream” in the top-right
Want the latest news on Online Events?
Get “The Upload” newsletter sent to your email every Thursday.